Sunday, March 10, 2013

Competitive Chess Training Part 10 - Reasons Gamers Should Work Out

One of the many topics I've been waiting to discuss!!!

Here are a few good reasons gamers should work out!

1. General Health Performance

The obvious... It's important to keep yourself healthy if you expect to do anything. Young Gamers tend to live a far less healthy lifestyle.

2. Relieve stress

Gaming competitively can become stressful. Stress is super heavy today! Many people play games as stress reliever... so naturally this won't be much of an option for you. However, working out is a very productive way to clear your mind and spend that negative energy. Working out also helps remove stress as opposed to just suppressing it. Get angry and let it out where it benefits you!

3. Confidence Builder

After I do an intense workout, I find myself nearly distraction free of what I'm going to do next. I tend to play some of my best technical games after a good exercise, shower, and light meal. I don't feel so intimidated because I'm a strong manly man! If I loose, I'm still a manly man that's manly at doing manly things mannishly. But I won't loose... cause I'm a man!

4. Marketability

The gamer stereotype is not particularly charming in public eyes. Over-weight untrimmed or string-bean. What if you could be a ladies man and a gamer. Check out the Dashizwiz for more details.

Okay so how does one get started?

Start with a simple workout.

Here's what I recommend if you need to get started. 3 sets of 5 push-ups and  2 sets of 10 sit-ups... That's it! Like anything else it's good to do simple stuff properly. Once you're ready to push yourself harder add more to each set. Don't be ashamed if you have to do less. You'll grow in the long run! Just do it daily and drink plenty of water!



Big Fish Games

No comments:

Post a Comment